It’s official, the Jonas brothers have called it quits, for now. The band cancelled their tour three weeks ago due to a “deep rift” in the band. Since then, the guys have stayed quiet, other than some tweets from Nick and Joe. Nick tweeted on October 22, “Bear with us,” while Joe was a little more honest with “Please hold while we get our shit together.”
The Jonas Brothers talked to PEOPLE Magazine about the split. The oldest, Kevin said, “It’s over for now.” Meanwhile, Nick left some hope for JoBro fans, “It’s really hard to say ‘forever.’ We’re closing a chapter, for sure.” Joe admits it was a “unanimous decision.” Nick felt some concerns for the future of the band and “was feeling kind of trapped.” Nick said, “I needed to share my heart with my brothers.”
The future of the band’s fifth studio album, “V”, has not been determined. While no release date was given, it was assumed the album, featuring the two released singles “Pom Poms” and “First Time,” would be out in Fall 2013. No word on whether or not the album will see the light.