Sunday’s Golden Globes brought lots of laughs, memorable photo bombs and — most importantly — amazing red carpet looks that left us excited to see what the rest of award season will have in store for us.
Robin Wright has been having quiet the year so far with her engagement to actor Ben Foster, and her Golden Globe win for Best Actress — if only we all could have some of her luck this year. Let’s not forget how gorgeous she is and Sunday’s Golden Globes was no exception where she was the epitome of sex appeal, class and a bit of edge.
We caught up with celebrity hairstylist, and the man responsible for Robin’s sleek locks of night, Paul Norton for the details behind her look. Norton credited her beautiful, sparkling, nude Reem Acra dress as his inspiration for the look then he shared how he achieved this effortlessly sleek look.
Here are the steps to recreate Robin Wright’s Pixie perfection:
1. Norton prepped her damp hair with Joico Smooth Cure Shampoo and Conditioner to tame those pesky fly-aways.
2. He then gave her a quick trim to freshen her undercut and applied Joico’s JoiWhip firm-hold design foam.
3. Norton then blew Robin’s hair dry with a small Mason Pearson brush. After applying Joico Texture Boost dry spray wax he selected sections throughout her hair lengths and began pinching and directing her hair forward. In Robin’s fringe area, he swept her hair to one side, allowing her cropped side to show giving it an edgy sexy feel.
“This gives the hair a nice edge, while keeping it super sexy and alluring with bangs that cascade over the brows,” said Norton.
4. Lastly for long-lasting, yet touchable hold and a great boost of shine, he finished with a mist of Joico JoiMist Firm finishing hair spray.
How to get Robin Wright’ s makeup look:
The secrets to Robin’s look did not stop there celebrity makeup artist, Tricia Sawyer, gave us the inside scoop on how she achieved Robin’s radiant look. Orlane products were Sawyer’s secret to achieving this look.
1. To prep the skin, Sawyer used Orlane’s Absolute Skin Recovery Anti-Fatigue Masque. Afterward, she applied Anti-Fatigue Absolute Radiance Cream all over the face. “I love this cream because it helps to retain moisture for long periods of time and Robin has a long night ahead of her so it’s perfect!” Sawyer said.
2. Using Orlane’s Absolute Skin Recovery Smoothing Foundation in Shade 20 with the Antonym Foundation Brush, Sawyer gave Wright that great coverage and concealed her uneven spots — you know the annoying ones we all have. To set the foundation, she dusted Orlane’s Poudre Libre all over the face.
3. To attract light for all the photos Wright would be taking throughout the night Sawyer made sure to highlight her face. She used a shine stick on Wright’s cheekbones, cupid’s bow, and the center of her nose. She then used a Dior coral blush on the apples of her cheeks and the Orlane Bronzer under her cheekbones and on her jawline for more dimension.
4. For Wright’s eyes, Sawyer applied Antonym’s Certified Natural Eyeliner in Noir along the inside of the eyes and on the outer rim. She smudged it out with a small eye shadow brush and then used a customized eye shadow palette for a nude look. After applying a strip of lashes, she applied Orlane’s Volume Care Mascara on the lashes. To give her lips a bit of color, Sawyer used Dior Addict’s Gloss in #343. She then used Orlane’s Refining Arm Cream to moisturize Robin’s arms and finished the look by applying Orlane Bronzer to give her an overall bronze-y look.